Mittens! Get Your Mittens!

With fall just around the corner, what better time for a Mitten Swap! Mittens will be mailed out by October 31st - just in time for the first chill!

Name: PattyPatty
See my complete profile

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Your Hostess Has Returned

Hi everyone, I've returned from my vacation to New Mexico. Over the next week or so I'll post stories and pictures on my blog - feel free to browse there. In the meantime, I can only say WOW. You guys have been busy, this is wonderful!

By the way, while on vacation I bought some alpaca yarn in Mora, New Mexico at a place called Victory Ranch to make my mittens, so I haven't started mine yet. Now with seeing so many variations I can tell I'm going to have a really hard time deciding which pattern to use.

If you're interested in buying alpaca yarn, they do sell it online. The people who run the place were so friendly and informative about the alpacas. They also carry camel yarn - yes, I said camel. And yes, I bought some. One last thing about the ranch, the yarn is well spun and worth every penny they charge you (the prices are not for the faint of heart and what they spin themselves is sold by the ounce, more detail at the site). I spent almost $200 US dollars - yikes. Mostly I plan to make mittens and scarves as the total for each color or variation of yarn is just enough for that. Hope my family doesn't mind more mittens and scarves this year for holiday gifts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home