Mittens! Get Your Mittens!

With fall just around the corner, what better time for a Mitten Swap! Mittens will be mailed out by October 31st - just in time for the first chill!

Name: PattyPatty
See my complete profile

Friday, October 06, 2006

Finally Knitting~

I had the hardest time getting going on these mittens. I chose a lovely yarn & a lovely pattern, but they just didn't want to work together. No matter what needle I choose and how I modified the cuff, that thing just ended up way huge. So, I keep the pattern, picked out some new yarn, and Eureka! I think I have it.
(I think I now know why everyone complains about posting picture in blogger...)
I'm using a pattern from Knit Mittens (the book shaped like a mitten) with black Gems pearl & my own handdyed merino sock yarn in Peacock. The background going to be black on the whole thing with the hand dyed yarn being the pattern. Now I just need to knit knit knit!
Some one a post or two back was asking about future swaps. I don't know of a magazine swap, but I am hosting a swap, The Handspun Sock Yarn Swap. Sign ups are open till the end of the month.
Wish me luck~
Rae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home