Mittens! Get Your Mittens!

With fall just around the corner, what better time for a Mitten Swap! Mittens will be mailed out by October 31st - just in time for the first chill!

Name: PattyPatty
See my complete profile

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I've started my mittens

I finally found the pattern I want to use and started my mittens last night. I was originally going to make the mittens out of some baby alpaca yarn but there's a problem. Because it's hand spun it's not even all the way through the skein, which means there are bumps and skinny places and fat places all along the ply. So I either have to find a different pattern to accommodate the fiber or pick a different fiber. Live and learn, right?

FYI Everyone: I don't recall if I've mentioned this or not but I've set up another mittens swap at swap-bot called Mitten Swap Deuce. You can sign up until October 30th and the mittens have to be sent by November 30th. I was also thinking of doing a funky scarf swap but I'll wait until after the holiday's for that one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home