Mittens! Get Your Mittens!

With fall just around the corner, what better time for a Mitten Swap! Mittens will be mailed out by October 31st - just in time for the first chill!

Name: PattyPatty
See my complete profile

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mittens almost sent...tick, tock, tick, tock...


I've just about finished my second mitten today and as soon as they're both ready to be mailed I'll post a picture. These are called 'double cuff mittens' because you knit a huge pair of mittens, felt them, then knit a separate cuff that you insert inside the mitten so they stay snug on your wrist.

The photo is a pair I made for my One Skein pal. The ones I'm making for our mitten swap do not have the fur cuff and they aren't pale blue. But I wanted you to get an idea of what I'm doing. They are so fun to make - the trick is in the felting because if you felt too much they won't fit. My work group made a bunch of these last year for the homeless - without the fur, of course.

3 Comments:

Blogger Signe said...

Wonderful! I like them:)

2:35 AM  
Blogger Kiki said...

Hmmmmm...wonder who'll be sporting those beauties this winter???

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Rhonna said...

I don't know, but they just look too cozy, don't they? :-)

10:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home