Mittens! Get Your Mittens!

With fall just around the corner, what better time for a Mitten Swap! Mittens will be mailed out by October 31st - just in time for the first chill!

Name: PattyPatty
See my complete profile

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My mittens!

These are the mittens I sent to my swap partner:








I hope she likes them and that they fit! They're very soft, and the people I tried the sizing out on liked them, anyway. ;) The pattern is semi mine, meaning I based it on a bunch of patterns, some of which I found on the Internet and some of which are in books I own.

And this is the wonderful mitten package I received:






The mittens are super-nice ... actually, probably among the nicest knit objects I own ... and totally out of my league as far as complexity level. Wow! And yes, indeed, they do fit! ;D I also love the postcard and the chocolate (though I haven't tried it yet, but anyway, it's chocolate from another country ... and that's cool! ;)), and I'm especially jazzed by getting to try out Dale's Baby yarn, which I've never used before ... Mmmm, yarn! I love getting nice yarn in the mail. ;D

By the way, my Significant Other was exceedingly impressed by the mittens, too, and by the package. He wants to make sure I hand out Major Kudos, so consider them handed out. ;D Yay!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Rhonna said...

I'm glad you like them, but I'm particularly glad they fit!! :-) I was afraid I'd sized them down too far and you'd have to be the size of a 9-year old to wear them!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Silver said...

LOL ... Maybe I *am* the size of a nine-year-old! ;) Or anyway, the guy at the post office said I could have gotten away with trick-or-treating last night as, say, a thirteen-year-old...

Not that the mittens look terribly small, anyway. They seem about the size of the other hand accessories I own. :D

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Patty said...

Once again, I am so impressed with everyone. You guys rock!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Patty said...

What is the cuff stitch? I can't tell. It's cool.

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Rhonna said...

Patty, the cuff is just a simple 2x2 ribbing (on 2mm needles).

1:50 AM  
Anonymous Rhonna said...

Sigh. Disregard that last, Patty. I'd have deleted the comment to avoid confusion but realized I didn't have permission.

I'm guessing that's a 1x1 ribbing? But it's the *yarn* I'm wondering about. C, what yarn in what colorway did you use?

1:58 AM  
Blogger Silver said...

Actually, if you mean the cuff stitch on the mittens I knit, it's seed stitch, which is the same as 1x1 ribbing except that instead of purling the purls, you knit the purls and purl the knits ... meaning that each row is just a row of k1, p1, offset so that the k1s are never right over each other. Er, now I'm complicating things that everyone probably knows. ;D

I totally need to post the yarn name, but I can't find the tag or remember it off the top of my head. ;) I know someone sent me some in a magic yarn ball and I was instantly smitten, and my local yarn shop has it -- yayyyyy! -- but now I can't remember what it's called. Erk!

Ha! I found it! It's called Malabrigo -- http://www.malabrigoyarn.com/ and I cannot for the life of me remember what the name of the color is. But it's handspun and kettle dyed and I will use any excuse to knit small projects with it. ;D (Since I'm too neglectful to spin and dye anything like it for myself to knit ... ;))

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home